Clarks Summit Personal Injury Lawyer
Serving Our Northeastern PA Community
When you’ve been injured in an accident, it’s common to feel helpless and alone in your pain. As if struggling with being confined to your bed in the hospital or at home isn’t enough, you may also be overwhelmed with the medical bills coming your way and the wages you’re missing out on from taking off work.
Our Clarks Summit personal injury attorney has decades of experience handling personal injury claims for those who were in the same situation as you. With Vazquez Injury Law Group by your side, you can trust us to demystify the legal process and ensure that those responsible for your injuries are held accountable for negligence.
Why Hire the Vasquez Injury Law Group
We’re passionate about going above and beyond for our clients to achieve their goals, recovering the compensation they need to pay for their damages and heal in a secure way. As a small law firm, we’re able to focus entirely on you and give your case the undivided attention and care it deserves.
Our Personal Injury Services
Our attorney and legal team have years of experience helping clients in our community, including in Hazleton and Scranton. We understand the struggles that everyday working Americans deal with, which is why we can give you so much more than just legal representation in your injury case. We treat our clients with compassion and understanding and make sure they understand the aspects of their case before we move forward.
Our attorney has demonstrated success in the following areas and can use this experience to help you when you call:
- Car accidents: More than 6 million car accidents occur in the United States each year, causing countless injuries and fatalities to drivers, passengers, and pedestrians. We’ve found that most car accidents are caused by driver error and can hold at-fault drivers responsible for their negligence if they were drunk, distracted, or reckless.
- Dog bites: In Pennsylvania, individuals who have been bitten by a dog must have evidence showing that the dog’s owner was negligent. Having handled dog bite claims before, our attorney can gather the evidence needed to support your claim.
- Motorcycle accidents: Motorcyclists are more likely to suffer from serious injuries in auto accidents because of their lack of outer protection. We can pursue the full amount of financial compensation you need to make a full recovery.
- Slip and fall accidents: The most common form of premises liability, slip and falls can happen anywhere, anytime, and they may be the fault of the property owner. We can investigate your accident to determine the property owner was negligent in the maintenance of their building or property.
- Truck accidents: Auto accidents involving commercial trucks can be challenging to understand because liability can fall on different parties, including the truck driver, trucking company, manufacturer, and more. You need an attorney to support you, especially if you’re going up against a company that has its own legal team.
- Work accidents: In addition to handling workers’ comp cases, we can also provide you with counsel if you were injured in a workplace accident caused by a third party, or some person or entity besides your employer.
What is a Personal Injury Lawsuit?
A personal injury case is a legal dispute when one person suffers harm from an accident or injury that someone else is legally responsible for.
There are two outcomes that usually happen when filing a personal injury case, they include the following:
- Formal Lawsuit: The injured files a civil complaint against another person, business, or corporation.
- Informal Settlement: The settlement is between the people involved in the dispute, the insurance companies, and the attorney from both sides. It involved a negotiation and a written agreement that discontinues any further action.
How Long Do I Have to File a Claim in Pennsylvania?
The main reason why it’s recommended that you begin your personal injury claim as soon as possible following your accident is that all states have what is known as a statute of limitations, or the time victims have to go to court and file a claim after they’ve been injured. In Pennsylvania, the statute of limitations for personal injury cases is two years, meaning you have two years from the date of your injury to file a claim.
If your injuries developed over time and didn’t occur from a single incident, it may be challenging to determine when the two years begin counting down. Our attorney can help you understand just how much time you have and then get to work to file your claim in an efficient manner.
Frequently Asked Questions About Personal Injury Cases in PA
What Should I Do After an Accident?
After an accident, seeking medical attention for your injuries is of the utmost importance. If you’ve been injured in an auto accident, calling 911 can help you get emergency medical treatment and alerts the police, who can detail a report that you can access later. Once you’ve been diagnosed and treated, hold onto your medical records and receipts and hire a personal injury attorney to begin working on your case. The more evidence you have, the stronger your claim can be. Our attorney can also handle correspondence with insurance companies so all you have to worry about is healing.
What Damages Can Be Recovered?
Our attorney understands how much debt you may be facing and believes innocent clients shouldn't have to pay for their own medical bills. We can secure awards that help you on the path to recovery, including the costs of medical care like surgeries, medications, and physical therapy, property damage, pain and suffering, and lost wages and future earning capacity.
What Are The Three Types Of Personal Injury Damages?
In Pennsylvania, there are three types of personal injury damages including economic, non-economic and punitive damages. Our Clarks Summit personal injury lawyer can help you evaluate the "damages" you suffered as a result of the car accident, motorcycle accident, or other type of personal injury. Total "damages" depend on a variety of factors, so schedule a free personal injury case consultation today.
Mike went above and beyond every single step of the way.- Logan M.
My family and I are extremely happy we had such a good team behind us!- Kaitlyn C.
Thank you!- Jeffery K.
They go above & beyond for you- Sandy W.
Highly recommend!- Tom P.
Work Injury/Motor Vehicle Accident Successful Settlement of Both Clients
Major vehicle collision while in the scope of work duties.
Tractor Trailer Collision Successful Settlement After Litigation
Tractor-trailer collision caused by faulty brakes and high MPH resulting in severe internal injuries to client.
Dog Attack Successful Settlement
Dog attack of a minor child resulting in facial injuries and plastic surgery.
Slip & Fall Successful Settlement
Slip and fall in major retail store/failure to inspect resulting in a significant low back injury.
Defective Product/Work Injury Successful Settlement Pre-Litigation
Product tool failure causing neck and facial injuries.
Work Injury Successful Settlement
Low back injury while lifting at work
Work Injury Successful Litigation & Settlement
Fall from scaffolding at work
Defective Productive Design/ Work Injury Successful Settlement Pre-Litigation
Hand injury and multiple finger amputation caused by a defective meat grinder.
Motor Vehicle Accident Confidential Settlement
Motor vehicle accident in a neighborhood at a high rate of speed resulting in paralysis to a young child.
Work Injury Successful Resolution
Severe neck injury when struck in the head by falling product resulting in neck fusion surgery and inability to work.