Clarks Summit Car Accident Lawyer
Giving Clients the Attention They Deserve
One of the most common personal injury cases our team at Vazquez Injury Law Group sees is car accidents. Each year, more than 2 million people are injured in car accidents throughout the United States. In Pennsylvania alone, there were nearly 80,000 injuries resulting from car collisions in 2014. Millions of Americans rely on cars and other vehicles to transport them to and from work, school, and on important errands – as a result of this frequency, it’s only natural that car accidents are one of the leading personal injury cases. However, all drivers are required to drive safely and obey all traffic laws – when they violate these laws and put the lives of others in danger, they should be held financially responsible. If you were injured in a car accident caused by a negligent driver, call our Clarks Summit car accident attorney. We offer clients compassion during a dark time and can handle the paperwork so you have one less thing to worry about.
For personalized legal services from a trusted law firm, call our team at (570) 536-9090 or contact us online. With free consultations conducted in English or Spanish, we strive to be as accessible as possible.
Common Causes of Car Accidents
Though sometimes car accidents are attributed to poor weather conditions and the challenges that come with driving at night, the reality is that a majority of car accidents are caused by driver errors, or negligence, and are entirely preventable by remaining alert and obeying the rules of the road.
Throughout our time serving clients in Northeastern Pennsylvania, our lawyer has seen some of the same causes of car accidents, including:
- Distracted driving: Because nearly everyone has a cell phone now, texting or talking on the phone while driving is a common occurrence. As a result, car accidents caused by distracted driving are also common. Though Pennsylvania outlawed texting while driving in 2012, that hasn’t stopped drivers.
- Driving under the influence: Drinking and driving is a problem in all states, including Pennsylvania, where alcohol-related crashes caused 333 deaths in 2014. Impaired driving not only reduces a driver’s response time, but it also causes a lapse in judgment. Drunk drivers are more likely to make risky decisions such as driving through a red light or speeding through neighborhoods.
- Reckless driving: Reckless or careless driving is any kind of driving that violates the rules of the road and endangers the lives of other drivers, passengers, pedestrians, and more. Speeding is one of the leading causes of car accidents and can cause serious injuries due to the amount of force applied. Some other forms of reckless driving include merging without signaling or checking blind spots, backing up without checking mirrors, and failing to stop at stop signs or red lights.
Common Car Accident Injuries
When you’re injured in an auto accident, you will need to work with an experienced car accident injury lawyer to build a claim for recovery. The damages awarded are meant to compensate you for your injuries and restore your life to normal.
Here are the most common types of car accident injuries:
- Scrapes & Cuts
- Head Injuries
- Broken Ribs
- Internal Bleeding
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
Is It Normal to Feel Sore After a Minor Car Accident?
After a car accident, as expected, you feel pain back. However, with spinal cord injuries, the pain is usually separate. In addition, spinal cord injuries usually cause severe pain or severe pressure. If you experience either of these symptoms, visit the physician right away.
At-fault drivers deserve to be held responsible for the damage they’ve caused. Help our Clarks Summit car accident attorney achieve justice on your behalf after an accident by calling (570) 536-9090 today.
It’s important to compile evidence in case you’re ever involved in a car accident, especially if you want to be able to collect compensation through a personal injury claim.
- Step 1: Above all else, it’s crucial that you and other drivers or passengers seek medical attention if you’ve been injured in an accident. Ambulances typically carry victims to the emergency room, where a doctor will run tests, diagnose any injuries, and give you emergency treatment.
- Step 2: Hold onto medical records and receipts, as they can be used in your claim. Evidence is key in proving liability and collecting compensation.
- Step 3: If you’re at the scene of the accident, document everything by taking photos and videos of your injuries, car damage, and the information of all involved. Witness contact information is necessary to gather statements.
- Step 4: Next, hire a personal injury attorney to get started on your case right away. The sooner you hire an attorney, the sooner you can secure the compensation you need to make a full recovery. In some car accidents, important evidence can disappear in a matter of hours or days, which is why attorneys often advise you to hire a firm as soon as possible.
Our lawyer is ready to talk with you in a one-on-one consultation and because we know accidents can occur any time, we’re available to schedule your consultation after hours and on weekends. We’re always available for our clients and we know you have questions. Allow us to answer them and provide you with information and reassurance every step of the way when we handle your case.
Mike went above and beyond every single step of the way.- Logan M.
My family and I are extremely happy we had such a good team behind us!- Kaitlyn C.
Thank you!- Jeffery K.
They go above & beyond for you- Sandy W.
Highly recommend!- Tom P.
Work Injury/Motor Vehicle Accident Successful Settlement of Both Clients
Major vehicle collision while in the scope of work duties.
Tractor Trailer Collision Successful Settlement After Litigation
Tractor-trailer collision caused by faulty brakes and high MPH resulting in severe internal injuries to client.
Dog Attack Successful Settlement
Dog attack of a minor child resulting in facial injuries and plastic surgery.
Slip & Fall Successful Settlement
Slip and fall in major retail store/failure to inspect resulting in a significant low back injury.
Defective Product/Work Injury Successful Settlement Pre-Litigation
Product tool failure causing neck and facial injuries.
Work Injury Successful Settlement
Low back injury while lifting at work
Work Injury Successful Litigation & Settlement
Fall from scaffolding at work
Defective Productive Design/ Work Injury Successful Settlement Pre-Litigation
Hand injury and multiple finger amputation caused by a defective meat grinder.
Motor Vehicle Accident Confidential Settlement
Motor vehicle accident in a neighborhood at a high rate of speed resulting in paralysis to a young child.
Work Injury Successful Resolution
Severe neck injury when struck in the head by falling product resulting in neck fusion surgery and inability to work.