Clarks Summit Workers’ Comp Attorney
Protecting Workers Throughout Northeastern PA
With decades of experience, our Clarks Summit workers’ comp attorney can be trusted to help hardworking people get the money and results they deserve after a workplace accident. We’ve been honored to have helped working-class people for years by filing their claims, appealing denied claims, and more.
At Vazquez Injury Law Group, our own lawyer comes from a local background, giving us the edge we need to connect with our clients on a personal level and understand their needs and goals. We understand the hardships you may be facing firsthand and are here to lend our legal support.
We’re pleased to serve workers and their families throughout Northeastern Pennsylvania, including Scranton and Hazleton.
Common Workplace Accidents
Many workers associate workplace injuries and workers’ comp cases with industries that are known to be more dangerous, like construction, manufacturing, and other blue-collar jobs.
They may be surprised, then, when they are injured in an accident in their own workplace. Anyone can be injured on the job, and when you’ve been injured in Pennsylvania, you may be entitled to seek benefits from your employer.
Some common accidents that can occur in the workplace include:
- Slip and fall accidents: Trips and fall accounts for a third of all personal injuries in the workplace and is the most common type of workers’ compensation claim. This is because any worker can slip on the job, whether on a wet or slippery surface, on worn or torn carpeting, down a flight of stairs, or as a result of poor lighting.
- Vehicle-related accidents: Car accidents are one of the leading causes of injury in the United States, and people who drive for work are just as prone to getting injured in accidents as anyone else. Additionally, workers can be injured by being struck by a vehicle, falling from a vehicle, or getting crushed by an overturned vehicle.
- Fires and explosions: Though getting burned or injured in a fire or explosion at work is mainly associated with construction work that occurs around gas lines or combustible materials, any worker can be affected. For example, an open flame in the office kitchen can escalate and become dangerous, or an office situated on a faulty gas line can explode without warning.
- Repetitive stress injuries: Some work injuries don’t occur in a single accident but develop over time. Repetitive stress injuries occur over time when workers repeat the same daily motions like lifting heavy objects or constantly typing on keyboards without taking breaks.
Some injuries that can put you out of work for days, weeks, months, or longer include sprains and fractures, broken bones, burns, loss of limbs, spinal cord and neck injuries like paralysis, back injuries, head and brain injuries, and more.
What Does Workers’ Comp Cover?
Workers’ compensation insurance was designed to give employees benefits when they become too injured or ill for work-related reasons. The system also allows for payments to be made to families if their loved ones passed away from work-related causes.
In the state of Pennsylvania, workers’ compensation insurance covers:
- Healthcare expenses, including the costs of surgeries, medicine, medical equipment, lab tests, hospital stays, and more
- Ongoing care expenses such as physical therapy
- Disability payments if the employee is unable to return to work, or can only work at partial capacity
- Death benefits paid to the spouse and dependents of the deceased employee
Nearly every business in the United States with employees is required to have workers’ compensation insurance, though in Pennsylvania, some employers are exempt. These exemptions include agricultural workers who work fewer than 30 days or earn less than $1,200 a year, as well as people insured under other workers’ comp acts like railroad workers, federal employees, and longshoremen.
How Our Team Can Help
During this troubling time, you deserve to be treated with compassion. Our attorney knows what you’re going through and can guide you through the claims process so you understand your rights and the various steps we’re helping you take without becoming overwhelmed.
With a thorough knowledge of the workers’ comp system, you can rest easy while trusting that our attorney knows how to pursue the benefits you deserve. We can file the paperwork, gather the evidence, and do whatever it takes to help you ease comfortably into your recovery.
Mike went above and beyond every single step of the way.- Logan M.
My family and I are extremely happy we had such a good team behind us!- Kaitlyn C.
Thank you!- Jeffery K.
They go above & beyond for you- Sandy W.
Highly recommend!- Tom P.
Work Injury Successful Litigation & Settlement
Fall from scaffolding at work
Work Injury Successful Resolution
Explosion of machine under pressure resulting in facial injury/ loss of vision
Slip & Fall Successful Resolution
Slip and fall on ice at major retail store resulting in head injury and neck injuries.
Work Injury Successful Settlement
Low back injury while lifting at work
Work Injury Successful Settlement After Litigation
Crush injury to low back and leg when struck by heavy equipment